Transition/Cargo Insurance- We have one the best insurance policies in the area to protect your items. Your items are covered under two types of insurance. This is called Cargo Insurance and covers your items due to damage from an accident. Each truck is covered up to $15,000 for the cargo and is protected under our Basic Coverage- no signature necessary. We can easily upgrade the policy to $30,000 cargo coverage (Upgraded Insurance) and possibly even $60,000 coverage (Upgraded Max). Both these coverages will need signatures on the contract itself to agree to the terms and additional costs. If you are looking for a larger cargo coverage plan, we will need to discuss the options further and its rate. Please see the attached document for the rates of the coverages.
Movers Protection/Liability- We also cover your items under our own in-house coverage plan. This means that if we are to damage any surface of any area, we will cover the costs of the damages. Under the Basic Plan, we will cover up to $1000 in damages for the move. This is our basic coverage included in our rates and there is no signature required for this plan. If you need any additional coverage, our Upgraded Plan will cover damages from $1001-$5000. Our Upgraded Max will cover damages 100% for damages $5001 and up. For the Upgraded Max policy, the move will be required to be a superior move and will need special attention. Any item over $1000 needs to be listed in an inventory sheet and agreed upon of its value by both parties. This is to help ensure both parties will be handled as fair as possible in the case anything major were to happen. Please see the attached document for the rates of the plans.
As an upstanding company with an excellent reputation, we will go out of our way to protect your items. We will completely protect any items that we agree to move. That being said, we are not going to be responsible for the following items because we cannot keep track of anything that may fall out of something not packed correctly. We require that all items be fully packed and properly packaged. We will not open any boxes without your permission. You will be responsible for the following items:
- Cash, Checkbooks, Wallets
- Jewelry, Rings, Watches
- Sentimental items and photos
- Electronics, Computer Hardware, Phones
- Miscellaneous items in drawer
It is your responsibility to keep liability at a minimum and anything that you care deeply about- please keep in your possession. Our crew leaders are trained to notify you upon anything out in visible sight and to let you know that we cannot be held responsible for items left out in the open or misplaced items. It is very easy for you to pack them yourself and place in your own personal area (possibly your vehicle). During this stressful time, it is very easy to misplace these items if you do not keep track of them. please have these items taken care of by the time your move starts with us. They will not be covered in our basic plan if they are missing. Anything that you specifically tell us about becomes our responsibility and we will make sure it arrives the way you intend for it to. For cabinets that may have jewelry or personal items, please wrap with shrink wrap to help contain the contents inside and not allow anyone to look inside. But once again, it is much easier to place in a box and keep in your possession. Please contact us for any details about coverage and reimbursements.
Cargo Insurance Rates
$15,000 per moving truck/trailer. Rate is included in ALL MOVING QUOTES and no signature is necessary
$30,000 per moving truck/trailer. Extra costs is $0.25 per mile traveled. Signature is required by customer
$60,000 per moving truck/trailer. Extra costs is $0.50 per mile traveled. Signature is required by customer
Movers Liability Coverage
- Basic- We will reimburse damages at 100% up to $1000. This is premium for the standard move with basic or simple furniture or items. If we were to damage anything, we will replace, repair, or cover the total costs of the items up to $1000. Coverage is included at all moving rates/quotes and no signature is required.
- Upgraded- We will reimburse damages at 100% up to $1,001-$5,000. This is premium for a move with slightly expensive furniture or items. If we were to damage anything, we will replace, repair, or cover the total costs of the items up to $5000. This must be agreed upon before the move begins and a signature must be on our contract prior to your move. The extra amount for this coverage is 10% of the costs of the move itself
- Upgraded Max- We will reimburse damages at 100% up to $5,001-$10,000. This is premium for the higher end move with large expensive furniture and items. If we were to damage anything, we will replace, repair, or cover the total costs of the items up to $10,000. This must be agreed upon before the move begins and a signature must be on our contract prior to the move. The extra amount for this coverage is 20% of the costs of the move itself. On some moves that are deemed SUPERIOR MOVES, we require this for the move to be taken place and is included in your quote. We will notify you of this as well. If you decline, then your rate will be lowered.
*Anything above $5,000 in value or deemed irreplaceable must be given a value ahead of time before the move and agreed on its coverage. If you are worried about specific items, we must have a list of items and their value (if over $5,000) so we can correctly reimburse you. THIS IS A MUST FOR THE UPGRADED MAX COVERAGE.
For any claims, please notify the COMPANY on the day of the move. If you let our employees know and fail to contact the company while expecting us to reimburse you, you will be at fault for missing the deadline for complete reimbursement. Our crew leaders are authorized to work out reimbursements on the day of the move if you are willing to do so. Usually, this is a discounted amount for the estimated cost of the item or its repair, whichever is of lesser value. If we give you the value of the item, the company owners must agree and we will keep the item (only because we purchased it from you at its value unbroken).
All claims must be notified within 72 hours of the completion of the move. After 72 hours, you may only be reimbursed at the minimum state requirements equal to $0.60 per lb. This is to protect us from fraudulent damages that may be cause by another party. We are very up front, and if we damage something or notice damages, we will let you know. Please understand that we are not perfect, but our customer service is rated at a very high standard. We care about your satisfaction, and due to our busy schedule and large volume of moves, we must have guidelines. If something has occurred, please notify us ASAP at the following information. We will work with you, so stay calm and understanding- accidents do happen. If you do suspect any direct negligence due to an employee’s careless attitude, please notify us with their name as we take this very serious and will result in disciplinary actions by our company. Please email a statement so we have a date of your claim. This is the most preferred method for a claim.
Thank you for your cooperation,
Feel free to contact Joseph Gonzalez: Owner
Cell- 512.393.9590 (text is accepted and will be replied back to promptly)
Business- 979.324.6617 (text is accepted and will be replied back to promptly)